Benefits of Pilates
Runner or golfer, tennis player or new mom, chances are you’ve heard someone talking about the benefits of Pilates. Many types of people, at many levels of fitness, who have begun doing Pilates exercises say they’ve seen improvements in range of motion, flexibility, circulation, posture, and abdominal strength — and decreases in back, neck and joint pain.
Pilates is an effective, efficient, full-body workout that is based on the core principals of alignment, stability and breath. It is a happy medium between a rigorous gym workout and a calming, meditative movement in which the quality of movement is valued over quantity of repetitions. It is gentle enough for moms to be and older adults yet challenging enough for the superfit.
- Develop a strong core: flat abdominals and a strong back
- Gain long, lean muscles and flexibility
- Move efficiently, increase coordination and balance
- Improve your sports performance
- Prevent injuries
- Stand taller and improve posture
- Increase your lung capacity
- Increase your bone density